Oh, I'm so ashamed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imaguitargod

Reaction score
Oh, this is horrible. I....I must make a confession. I'm having a relative over that I really can't stand, so I'm drinking to compinsate and to have something that I can put into my mouth instead of opening my mouth.

My "Passow's Imperial Pumpkin Ale" has not carbinated yet and I have nothing else in the house to drink (paycheck doesn't come until tomarrow)....so I'm stuck drinking....drinking....oh god this is tough to say. I'm drinking Miller Genuine Draft.....I'm....I'm so ashamed! :(

It happens to us all at some time or another. Sometimes you just have to suck it up in tough times and be a man about it. This does tell me one thing, you need to brew more!

This does tell me one thing, you need to brew more!
I'm getting a secondary in two weeks, so I'll definitly be brewing ALOT more ;)

It's risky but what about shaking to carbonate?
It's a 12.1 abv beer, I hear they take a bit to carbinate (it's been lest than a week since I bottled).

you should really have some cheap booze, vodka or something on hand for occasions like this. Of course brewing more is the best solution for this, I mean all problems.

Hey. At least you have MGD left.

I'm out of regular beer. I've gone through half of my cellar stock in the past day. Now all I have is Apfelwein, and a tension headache.

Guess who's drinking tea tonight? >_>

I was pounding down Sam Adams Winter Lager all day because of an obnoxious uncle. Be glad you had the beer to get you thru it.

My family's gatherings are dry...

And they're as bad as me...

Can't... type... more with Neunelfer's icon...

Can't... type... more with Neunelfer's icon...

I agree...(zones out for a minute or two)

the MGD isnt great beer, but it is there and you have a reason to drink it... nesescity is the greatest motivator... next year make sure you have a good beer on hand

Cheers

Hey, if it makes you feel any better I had (one) Panther Piss brew (you know - the one with the blue mountains)

I found myself attempting to analyze the flavors of this 'beer' initially. From there it was all I could take to choke it down and pour it out when noone was looking.
Sometimes it sucks being polite... (And thirsty)
-Me

It happens to most at some point, but damn - couldn't you find some better commercial beer? :D

Sorryto hear about your bad luck.......

Here I sit with a mug full of my own nut brown (3rd) trying to put up with the a##hole sitting in my living room chair.

Oh, wait.......

Thats me in my living room chair, I must be the a##hole! :drunk::eek:

I am ashamed too.

Ashamed you were not more druck when you poste this. Yus wouldno care!

nor would you tyoe so welllllllll.

Oh, this is horrible. I....I must make a confession. I'm having a relative over that I really can't stand, so I'm drinking to compinsate and to have something that I can put into my mouth instead of opening my mouth.

My "Passow's Imperial Pumpkin Ale" has not carbinated yet and I have nothing else in the house to drink (paycheck doesn't come until tomarrow)....so I'm stuck drinking....drinking....oh god this is tough to say. I'm drinking Miller Genuine Draft.....I'm....I'm so ashamed! :(

And well you should be. Everyone knows High Life is better and cheaper!!!!!

RDWHA(uncarbonated)HB

I am ashamed too.

Ashamed you were not more druck when you poste this. Yus wouldno care!

nor would you tyoe so welllllllll.
Man, I had 6 bottles and I didn't even catch a buzz! So dissappointing.

Damn..I only have a few gallons of homebrew to console you with. :tank:
That's fine, I'll be right over. :tank:

I just did a christmas beer tasting, many of the beers were between 10-13 % and I would say that almost all of them had little to no carbonation. Trust me, I wasn't wishing that there was some MGD laying around so that I could get my carbonation on!!

Eastside

Sigh, a noobish learning mistake. I used Munton's Gold dry yeast. I'll crack one open on Sunday or Monday and if it's not still carbinated I'll give them a light shake.

I would rather wait to brew than use munton's OR cooper's again.

They've never worked well for me, either bad attenuation or they just don't even start.

I always keep a 12 of guinness draught bottles hidden for emergency. Plus they are the easiest to prepare for bottling. My in-laws just arrived for a week and they are teetotalers. So I try not to get too ripped.

You should probably get a case of PBR for your next emergency. Best cheap beer in existence IMO.

You need an emergency hidden beer stock for such occasions. I always keep at least a 12er of something delicious hidden away just in case.

Yep, 2 sixers of Dales Pale Ale in cans. The BEST emergency beer. It can go anywhere and wrapped in a koozie, can look like a RC cola. :cross:

Latest posts

Back