Funny Youtube brewing video :-)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, the biggest problem is that these guys are doing how-to videos, when they're not completely there yet.

I wonder what my brew process would look like on camera? Probably just as bad.

I gotta give +2 to them being excited about doing what they do, and doing something that THEY like. I appreciate the laziness factor - because AG isn't for everyone.

I gotta say though, I'd like to see them being a bit more anal about sanitizing, and actually boiling their wort for at least 10 min...prefer 60!

And, while there's nothing fundamentally wrong with a 50/50 mix of sugar and malt, I think they'd get better results with a 30/60 mix, or even all malt.

And - where are the hops!?!

tranceamerica said:
Really, the biggest problem is that these guys are doing how-to videos, when they're not completely there yet.

I gotta give +2 to them being excited about doing what they do, and doing something that THEY like. I appreciate the laziness factor - because AG isn't for everyone.

I gotta say though, I'd like to see them being a bit more anal about sanitizing, and actually boiling their wort for at least 10 min...prefer 60!

And, while there's nothing fundamentally wrong with a 50/50 mix of sugar and malt, I think they'd get better results with a 30/60 mix, or even all malt.

they dont boil them for 60 min because they are hopped noboil cans.

howlinowl said:
He's got a nice Ford Torino, but a couple of the "road rage" videos he's posted are a bit troubling.....

That doesn't surprise me, the guy clearly has some anger management issues. Lots of people have made helpful and even friendly comments/suggestions, and every time he reacts with hostility and anger.

RICLARK said:
Your Right Yuri, now the certain Albino makes wine.:D

[youtube]zS77T35SrPA&feature[/youtube]
Did he really say Reisling like riseling? Did he follow that with Merlot pronounced mArlow?
I had to stop it right there.

ma2brew said:
Did he really say Reisling like riseling? Did he follow that with Merlot pronounced mArlow?
I had to stop it right there.

aww, he's from canada, eh. I suspect proper Hochdeutsch pronunciation isn't part of the wider culture there LOL.

I wonder if he spits in his beer. He's chewing dip while he creates his documentary for instant beer. Notice the lack of sanitation advice.

I dunno, wasn't to bad a beginner wine video. Not great, but no worse than some "professional" beginner wine videos. He has a good voice for this stuff. What he needs is a "real" brewer to show him how we HBT'ers do it. :D

EDIT: In reference to craigtube. The other guy is way more f'd up!

BlindLemonLars said:
That doesn't surprise me, the guy clearly has some anger management issues. Lots of people have made helpful and even friendly comments/suggestions, and every time he reacts with hostility and anger.

Check out the "peach beer taste test" and the "home made wine stash" vid complete with patriotic tunage. His beer in the peach one, it not only is green, it actually IS green. And stored in clear or green glass bottles in the basement - asking for skunkage I'm thinking.

I believe if the unibomber had youtube access he would have been mieses2pieces.

[YOUTUBE]Wyd5T1mRU94[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, and this is why getting drunk while brewing your beer ON CAMERA is not so good an idea!

[YOUTUBE]BmdqqhcOmQ4[/YOUTUBE]

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
I believe if the unibomber had youtube access he would have been mieses2pieces.
And to think, I was trying to give a safety tip to a guy who has no issues with emptying a clip out his car window.

BlindLemonLars said:
And to think, I was trying to give a safety tip to a guy who has no issues with emptying a clip out his car window.

seriously. For my own health, I'm going on record and declaring mieses2pieces the uberbrewer #1 honcho brewmastermeister & I'll drink his green beer anyday and declare it the best. That's good ****!:mug:

Lol I make beer pretty similar to this guy and it turns out good - well atleast me and my freinds think. I do it this way because it is affordable, easy, quick, fun and I like the end product. I use canned kits and malt extract - im not sure sure if it would be considered 'award winning homebrew' but the only thing im looking for is a nice tasting beer - and so far every batch (except my stout - which was so-so) I loved.

Maybe someday I will do it like most people on here and use specialty grains - boil hops for 60 mins - or maybe even try all grain. For now though I love making the no boil kits - and I love drinking them so I dont have any reason to change. As due in the video says it 'gooooooood s#it' lol :D

cheers

I commented on this guy's first beer making (powdered sugar) video and he responded as I thought he would in typical redneck fashion.

He's moved up from powdered sugar to DME, but the guy is still clueless.

tranceamerica said:

The hops are in the "hopped" extract can.

RICLARK said:
Ummm....What the hell is he doin now?

[youtube]ahF2iH4D8Jc&feature[/youtube]

I just caught back up with this thread....This guy is great:rockin:

I needed a good laugh today. I really enjoy hearing deep thoughts about "the end"

k1v1116 said:
I maybe wrong about this, but aren't all canned goods canned at temperatures at or above boiling to ensure sterility. so using a double boiler like that would prevent it from going above 212F as long as there is water in the outer pan. wouldn't this mean that the pressure in the can won't reach the point where it will explode?

Most canned goods are heated to temperatures at/above boiling, but this is WITHOUT being sealed. They are topped similarly to the way we do in the home brew (sterilized "caps" put onto sterile product). Many canning techniques then use the vacuum generated by the cooling air above the product to seal the jar. Pressure inward and outward are two very different things. Heating any enclosed container to at/near boiling is a serious risk, and this stuff would be like napalm, thick and sticky and it would instantly cause at least 2nd degree burns if not 3rd. Warming the can in boiling water taken off the stove first would be the safest way to do it (as you know the contents of the can will never get too hot).

I dunno, I just brewed my first batch and just cracked the top on one side, and an air hole on the other. Took about a minute to drain. The slow drain time allowed me to stir with my right hand to make sure nothing stuck to the bottom or clumped together (was off the stove of course). I figure if you're going to spend 2-3 hours for the initial brew, what's an extra minute? :)

Ya gotta love this guy. Even though he does so much wrong he's pretty meticulous about it.:D He seems so proud of the equipment his Uncle passed on to him...he's discovered the joy of homebrewing - good for him. Someone just needs to give him a few pointers, and he'll be a master brewer in no time!

Richard said:
Ya gotta love this guy. Even though he does so much wrong he's pretty meticulous about it.:D He seems so proud of the equipment his Uncle passed on to him...he's discovered the joy of homebrewing - good for him. Someone just needs to give him a few pointers, and he'll be a master brewer in no time!

I already sent him advice and even the link to this site, which he thanked me for. He really does like the basic American lager type kit and he does use LME with it now.

For the thousands of "brewers" that just want to do the above and are happy with what they make and do not feel like progressing further, then most of his video is not that bad.

Sure as hell is not advanced brewing by any means though.

As for an exploding can, do you seriously think putting a can in boiling water for only 5 minutes is going to create any significant pressure?? I do not. That said I did tell him for safety's sake he should punch a hole in the can.

As for the road rage video, that was staged in a wheat field. (I'm still a tad concerned about fireing firearms out of a moving vehicle though. )

I love his videos. He seems really happy with what he makes and he also appears to be very open to criticism and advice.

Love this thread, and I'm really relieved to get the whole "what happens when I die" question resolved. Speaking of the white haired gentleman. . .he looks really familiar. Bilbo Baggins?

FYI, at normal atmospheric pressure, boiling H2O can't reach a temperature above 212. An aqueous solution of anything is going to have a boiling point higher that 212. LME has so much dissolved that its boiling point is going to be way above that, so the can can't explode. Sure, if there's something like ETOH in the can that has a boiling point lower than water's, you might have a problem.

BTW, he also has a video called "Beer and Guns" I don't have the courage to watch it.

Back