BeerSmith ABV%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobstar

Reaction score
I'm reading some recipes and noticed that a lot of recipes claim "say 5.5% ABV" but the acutal is 0.6%" Does this mean that their beer didn't ferment or was this just an input error?

I'm looking to brew my first AG batch this weekend and don't want to waist my time making a 0.6% ale!

Thanks.

I'm reading some recipes and noticed that a lot of recipes claim "say 5.5% ABV" but the acutal is 0.6%" Does this mean that their beer didn't ferment or was this just an input error?

I'm looking to brew my first AG batch this weekend and don't want to waist my time making a 0.6% ale!

Thanks.

In Beersmith, the ABV is estimated by the software. When the beer is finished, the user can put in the actual OG and FG. If you don't do that, you'll get a weird nearly 0% reading. It just means that the brewer didn't update that value when the beer was finished.

Also if on the top you have extract selected instead of all grain it treats the grain as if you were just steeping it. This makes all the calculations off by alot. Also make sure you fill out the SG and FG like others have mentioned

Back