First batch bottled!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RosettaSt0ned

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went pretty smooth aside from one mishap. Lost about half a gallon due to incorrectly attaching the spigot to the bottling bucket, but I find it an acceptable loss as a Stupidity Tax to the beer gods.

The setup:
Mh9e1.jpg

First six-pack bottled:
k2Oo0.jpg

The complete haul, 34 bottles + half gallon growler:
DoTcf.jpg

The blooper reel:
dOPQN.jpg

kxeNB.jpg

Can't wait to drink it, going to test the carbonation level on one bottle in a week. Going to brew again tonight, a Two Hearted Ale clone.

'grats! now get that pipeline filled up while you wait for it to carb and condition ;)

Congrats.

I see you picked up the bottling over the dishwasher door trick... Works great.

Yeah, and the "attaching the bottling wand to the spigot with a piece of tubing trick" too; that combination made it so easy, it was by far the smoothest part of the entire operation. Definitely learned from some mistakes that will make bottling a lot easier next time.

love that trick with the small piece of tube and letting the bottling wand hang. I've been takign the wand to the bottle, instead of the bottle to the wand. I'm gonna have to cut a little piece and give that way a try next time. thanks.

fishinfur1 said:
love that trick with the small piece of tube and letting the bottling wand hang. I've been takign the wand to the bottle, instead of the bottle to the wand. I'm gonna have to cut a little piece and give that way a try next time. thanks.

It worked like an absolute dream. It helps to soak the tubing in hot water to make it a bit more malleable when attaching to the spigot/wand. Do it, you won't regret it in the least.

Did that last time after reading Revvy's bottling sticky. Works great.
Congrats to the OP on his first batch.

Back