recipe, check it out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punn

Reaction score
curious if this will come out well, i've been havin bad experiances with some experiments, hope this one works well, what do u all think, i dont have a hydrometer for readings, it broke.

15 welches concentrate
7.5lbs sugar
h20 up to about 6 gallons.
wine yeast
yeast nutriants...

think it will taste ok??

I suspect that he's talking about the brand name Welch's which makes a variety of fruit based foods focusing mostly on the grape in its various forms and flavors.

In context, I'd assume he's talking aobut taking 15 cans of Welch's Grape Juice concentrate (which is always pasturized and often have abosrbic acid in it). I believe a can of concentrate will make a little less than a gallon of juice if you follow the instructions on the can.

yup thats what i am talkin about. just wanna make sure it tastes ok, it didnt taste too grapey with 11 cans so i added 4 more and good taste. so does anyone think it will comeone out ok?

I just want to know if it will be good, thats all. used welche's concentrate only. and sugar.

Last year I took 10 cans of Minute maid berry punch, 7 pounds sugar, Yeast nutrients, 5 gallons mark with water, Yeast. I waited three months and it was good but needed something special to kick it up. So, I fortified it with Cognac. Got a hold of some industrial purple concentrate threw too much of that in there and presto...The creation of "Purple Tounge Port"(PTP)
It is by far out there but all the neighbors love it. :cross:

You should be fine with it.

First I would like to ask what yeast did you use to see if you want to sugar feed it during the ending of fermentation.secondly If you do have another bucket or if you are willing to throw some other things in their I made a good blend, but I used grapes--- very ACIDIC(tart) that is, and the tsp of wine I tasted tasted great.

Two pounds of refined sugar dissolved in one U.S. gallon of water has a specific gravity of 1.090. Thus, one pound of refined sugar dissolved in one U.S. gallon of water has a specific gravity of 1.045.
I specified finely granulated refined sugar for a reason. This sugar is fine enough that the measures given above work out perfectly. If regular granulated refined sugar is used, the air spaces between the gains of crystal are ever so slightly larger and the volume changes. I use two level cups plus 3/4 teaspoon of regular granulated refined sugar to measure one pound volumetrically. In truth, I rarely ever use the regular grind of sugar, even though it is usually a few pennies cheaper per pound -- even more if it is beet sugar rather than cane sugar. It is simply easier and faster to dissolve the finely granulated sugar than the coarser "regular" grind. And the volume measures work out evenly, as was already said.

2 cups finely granulated sugar = 1 pound =1.045 in a US gallon 4 cups finely granulated sugar = 2 pounds = 1.090 in a US. gal. of water

so in water 4 cups 2 pounds per gallon in a-----(8 pounds) 4 gallon fermenter would be 1.090, but welchers concetrate has sugar added so towards the end of fermentation you might want to sugar feed 4 pounds slowly.

If you add all at once it might caulse a stuck fermentation maybe 1 feeding of a cup at a time.

I still think if you have the extra fermenter or your willing to throw somthing else in to do so.

EDITING--- or maybe not(BUt I would) his came in thrid http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request121.asp
check out some more of his

Latest posts

Back