10 psi vs 15 psi LP Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janzik

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of BG-14's from Agrisupply and ordered 2 regulator and hose setups. The website says the regulators are 0-15 PSI, but when I got them, there was a sticker on the red knobs that said "1-10PSI". I called Agrisupply and they were going to have someone call me back. I tried one of the setups and the burner runs like a rocket ship, but am I missing out by not having that extra 5 PSI? They're going to be used on keggles and 10-12 gallon batches.

Regulator:
http://www.agrisupply.com/lp-gas-adjustable-regulator-with-hose-/p/50678/cn/5400007/

I know it will work. I just want it to work well. I don't want to wait an hour for 8-10 gallons of strike water to heat up or a 14 gallon preboil.

After talking in the chat room it was suggested that 10 or 15 psi will work, but will suck for full keggle boils. Like I said above, I'm not interested in waiting a long time. So I will return these regs and pick up some 30psi ones.

Back