My first batch is finally in bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Androshen

Reaction score
P2270135.JPG

This is my first batch! Started last July ......

P2270137.JPG

Cannot wait to try this out! Hope to have enough patience to wait until Thanksgiving ......

P2270136.JPG

These boxes were cool, but what a pain to build without a shop!

It started out as just a simple Sweet Mead .... but one day at the public market they were sampling out cider made with Honey-crisp apples (the best apples on earth) and we decided that a gallon of that had to be added .... so, the 6 gallon batch in the carboy included 1 gallon of raw, unpasteurized, Honey-crisp apple cider.

I have a Blueberry Mead that is still gently bubbling but nearly finished (cooler basement in the winter has slowed things down).
Hope to do JOAM (orange), burnt and chocolate meads next .....

And I love those boxes--very nice!

Thanks .... found them at a local liqueur store and was given one by the owner which I used to base mine on.

I have since found that liqueur stores regularly throw those boxes away ... I am trying to hook up with a couple of the local ones so I do not need to build more. :)

Not sure if it's better to try and make the dividers to get as many bottle per box or whether you should be thinking about having it so that you just keep the bottles upright and the mead to cork contact to a minimum????

nice idea if you wanted to make it a "presentational" thing though.

Plus the bottle in the picture ? What an excellent colour it's come out......nice

regards

fatbloke

I am storing the wines on their side because everything I had read say that the wine needs to remain in contact with the cork to prevent it from drying out.

It started out as just a simple Sweet Mead .... but one day at the public market they were sampling out cider made with Honey-crisp apples (the best apples on earth) and we decided that a gallon of that had to be added .... so, the 6 gallon batch in the carboy included 1 gallon of raw, unpasteurized, Honey-crisp apple cider.

I have a Blueberry Mead that is still gently bubbling but nearly finished (cooler basement in the winter has slowed things down).
Hope to do JOAM (orange), burnt and chocolate meads next .....

Sounds awful tasty! did you try any at bottling? If not, that just seems crazy. I commend you your patience. Sounds like a nice recipe, all in all, a slight cyser.

On last taste before bottling ... the burning edge was fading away nicely, and for the first time I was noticing an after taste of honey very faint on your tongue about a minute after tasting .... I figure any apple flavor will come out as it matures ....

Back