Hurricane!? What beer did you stock up on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newb

Reaction score
Those of you on the East Coast going to be feeling the effects of Sandy with me...

I'm bored and the end of my road is already pretty much flooded. So I couldn't really go anywhere if I wanted to. So I figured I'd start this up. Like the title says- I'm assuming you guys stocked up (or brewed up) an emergency supply for the storm like I did.

So I'll go first and maybe someone else will be bored enough to share...

I have some bottled up Stout we call the "Fall Cider Stout" at my house

and for commericial brew I have Gulden Draak (A Belgian Strong Dark) and a Flying Dog Hefe - "In Heat Wheat"

and plenty of ice to keep the beer cold if the power goes haha

Really guys? I'm trying to make light of the situation here, I know you guys stocked up for the storm lets go...

I bottled a pale ale a week and a half ago. Last week I got 2 cases of past dated Malheur 12 on clearance at $33 each.
Between that and everything else, I've got enough beer to float a battleship!

I also had no need to prepare since I typically have at least 10 cases worth laying around at any given time. I also had about 20 commercial brews here, not including the ones I have set aside for aging. All I really had to do was make sure the beer was cold before I lost power, which I did for about 18 hours. My thoughts go out to those who are still without power for far less trivial reasons than keeping beer cold.

Obviously in Texas we are in zero risk of damage from the hurricane (except not having enough work to do because northeastern operations are down) but I went to the store last night to buy some brewing water and people had cleared out most of the bottled water like they were afraid we would run out. I wish I could let those people know the bottled water from most of the distributors here come from Dallas municipal water or Corpus Christi municipal water. They are not going to run out.

Back