bottling sugar didn't boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramps

Reaction score
:HI everyone!!
I just bottled my beer and guess what???? When I transferred from the fermenter to the bottling bucket I threw the bottling suagr in and didn't boil it first with water and let it cool down before adding however I did stir it up after I realized i didn't add water and boil it. Do you think my beer will turn out ok??? It's hell getting old!

Thanks Goldminer...I really thought i would go thru the process of bottling and I would have problems down the line...I hope this isn't a stupid question....then why add water and boil?

The sugar dissolves better in hot water than in room temp beer. I usually just get my water up to a boil for a couple minutes, cut the heat and stir in my sugar then let it cool.

You might get some inconsistent carb levels from bottle to bottle having added it dry to the beer, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Let me tell you I am so happy I ran across this forum I always get an answer quickly and a accurate assessment fast! I thank all of your for your expertise! brew on!!!!

Back