Stuck Fermentation? Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiGuy

Reaction score
Okay So I brewed an all grain belgian ale about 6 days ago... I noticed the that the fermentor wasn't really bubbling at the rapid rate it usually does. I just took a hydrometer reading and it was only about 1.014 (of course I forgot to take an OG reading)... The temperature is fine, and I airrated the wort before pitching the yeast... So what can I do... Should I get some more yeast and repitch?

From the photo I have attached it seems that there is yeast just floating on the top?....

Any advice would be great!

photo.jpg

Did you control temps? What was your pitching/fermentation temp?..yeast do not like to drop below pitching temps once fermentation has started until primary is complete..I would get a min/max therometer and monitor for temp drops and fluctuations.worst comes to worst repitch a pack of dry yeast let finish 2-3 weeks at steady temps and you will be good

you won't need anymore yeast in this beer. the yeast are not dead, just out of food or nearly so.

Back