Sandy in NJ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstnten

Reaction score
Anyone else here get hammered by Sandy. No power for 11 days. 1/4 my neighborhood washed away and neighboring towns decimated. I feel like I'm living in a bad dream.

The 5000+ watt generator is the new flashlight.

Man, I feel for all you folks going thru what you have. And when I say I know where you're coming from, I'm in Katrina-land. We had no power for 28 days and it was like living in a third world country.
Everyone was so helpful to us (except the government) and some friends and family members have gone up to help clean out houses. I wanted to go but do to work, can't but if there is something you need that I can send you, please just ask and I'll do what I can.
Hang in there, it does get better.

I was one of the lucky ones. My house wasn't damaged. I had some property damage but that was about it. I was prepared I had a generator and food etc. Some of my neighbors not so lucky. Supermarkets around where I live are still basically bare. A strange site. Most surreal thing as was the police drove convoys down our neighborhood streets announcing "If you need ice, water, or food, come out of your house now" and some people came out. It was at that moment I realized how lucky we where.

I was wondering if anyone on this site is dealing with the aftermath.

Man, I feel for all you folks going thru what you have. And when I say I know where you're coming from, I'm in Katrina-land. We had no power for 28 days and it was like living in a third world country.
Everyone was so helpful to us (except the government) and some friends and family members have gone up to help clean out houses. I wanted to go but do to work, can't but if there is something you need that I can send you, please just ask and I'll do what I can.
Hang in there, it does get better.
Very kind of you. But I'm good. I was wondering if someone here on the site needed help. I have friends in some of the most hardest hit areas so I can get in there. Some towns you can't get into right now.

Back