Rose cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlainD

Reaction score
Had a bad experience with some lavender in a beer once. Anyone got any experience with rose buds? Thinking use it in a fashion similar to dry hoping. If no one has any input will probably add rose water to taste at bottling.

Thanks in Advance.

All I can say is: sounds interesting! Couldn't you do a tiered test with rosewater at bottling? I.e., put one drop in the first bottle, two drops in the second bottle, three drops in the third, etc., and label them accordingly? That way you could do a somewhat controlled test to see if the flavors go well together. That would give you a target if you decide to "dry hop" a larger batch with rosebuds.

That's a damn good idea! Unfortunately I got some real cheap store brand juice I was going to ferment with a ton of adjunct and champagne yeast. The was rose to give some interest to some "scrumpy" (if that is correct use of lingo). Also I was only going to do a 2 gallon batch any way. I figure if it's terrible I can mix it with some sprite in a camel-back and float down a river this summer.

Wow I think that could be good. I like aggressively floral red wines so I might love the cider.

Back