sanke kettle test run fittings and all hoorah!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
So I had this Labbats keg fo a kettle for some time and recently decided I was tired of sticking my arm in there to check temps and guessing at the level of wort left, and siphoning wort out of it. So I did some comparison shopping and bought some fittings (bargain fittings guy) , a sight glass kit Forsale, a thermometer and silicon hose Austin Homebrew Supply , took the fittings to my welder friend and had him TIG the fittings into the holes I drilled in advance. Drilling was not fun I think I finally killed my dewalt corded drill. I scrubbed it all up with BKF and rinsed thoroughly, then brought 5 gallons to a boil to check for leaks and transfer. My dip tube made from soft copper and a female thread to 1/2" copper fitting worked well, and I plan to make a hop stopper for it with some 30x30 mesh I got from mcmastercarr. No new news here just happy with my upgrade and wanted to share. I'll be cutting up another keg soon, and then starting on my brew sculpture. I just picked up a used MIG so I'll be looking for scrap steel to work with. Any comments or concerns?
MG_5974.jpg

MG_5977.jpg

When you have your brew structure built my only concern with your setup will be alleviated.. right now it looks like it wouldn't take a lot to tip your current kettle (nice job, BTW) burner and stand over.

Very cool. It's nice to see an installed version of my sight kit. It looks like you copied all my bulkhead locations too and I think you'll be pleased. Just be careful with that thermo probe if you stir.

Latest posts

Back