Everyone is out of Oxygenation Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suenodos

Reaction score
So I can't seem to find a oxygenation set up for a decent price anywhere on the internet. Morebeer, Northern Brewer and Amazon are all out.

Does anyone know where I can get one for a good price? Is there a way to make my own set up for a decent price?

Thanks

I suppose you could make one out of a brazing torch type setup. Just use the same tubing you would for the gas line over the end of the tip of the torch. Seal it with a hose clamp and put a stone on the end. Voila! Funny thing is thats all an oxygenation setup is really. Its the same valve for the bottle with the same tubing and stone. Difference is that no brass nozzle.

Here is what I was thinking about for the torch:

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CF0Q8wIwAQ#

All in all, I think it would cost right around $30 with stone minus the O2 tank of course. Still cheaper than NB and Midwest.

This past weekend, all I did was search the forums to see if anyone knew anything. I only posted because I'm doing a barley wine and the date is approaching as fast as ever.

Sorry

Funny I posted the same thing in yesterday's thread, but evidently (but I haven't confirmed it) Propane/Mapp regulators are threaded the opposite way of oxygen. Someone would have to try it out. But I thought that regulator would be perfect.

You're right, the threads are backwards so that you can't run oxygen through a gas hose to a torch.

Funny I posted the same thing in yesterday's thread, but evidently (but I haven't confirmed it) Propane/Mapp regulators are threaded the opposite way of oxygen. Someone would have to try it out. But I thought that regulator would be perfect.

I could confirm this tonight as I was in the process of doing a couple of DIY projects; mainly a stir plate, fermenting chamber recirc fan assembly, and the oxygenator. However, I may be getting one for christmas. We'll see.

Latest posts

Back