removing hump in refigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I can't help but look at that thing and think, if it was gone, I could fit one more corny in there. I looked at the back, and the compressor is bolted down - removable and the lines are copper, so it should be able to be moved without too much trouble. But the back is made entirely of sheet metal, and I'm assuming steel so it'd be really hard to remove.

On the other hand, rather than going to all that trouble, has anyone made a collar for a dorm fridge? Would that work? I'm thinking some 1x6s and foam insulation.

And then again, I could also just go get a chest freezer... but I'm trying not to spend much money.

Sounds like a perfectly good way to ruin a dorm fridge. And a collar seems, well, ugly and a PITA to do. Stalk Craigslist, dude, there's always chest freezers and upright fridges popping up on there.

Latest posts

Back