small batch bottling time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badlee

Reaction score
I am now,theoretically, ready to bottle my 15 month old Oud Bruin.
This is only a 5 litre batch and I need help to figure out two things:
1) How much priming sugar do I need if I am bottling in standard 12oz brown bottles?
2) How much additional yeast do I need?:confused:
The brew is not very sour at all,but very pleasing and complex, so I am wondering if I need to open my only sachet of Champers yeast, or if I can get away with any of the different dried yeasts I have on hand?
Cheers
lee

Use any yeast you have on hand. I often take a little off a starter. The amount of yeast is not important, you just want to ensure you have some live yeast to work on the simple sugars for carbonation. Dry yeast, I'd probably go a gram for a gallon.

Prime to 3 volumes. It doesn't have much CO2 in suspension, so there is no real concern with priming to a high level.

Thanks for that Calder. I just happen to have a jar of T-58 that I was planning to step up. Looks like I have it there.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks for the link dan

I am getting very strange results from the online calculators.
Some are telling me that I need 4gr per litre for 5 litres,yet others are telling me that I bloody well need 8-9gr per litre.
Help?

Sweetcell,you msy just have saved my remaining sanity.
Thanks big time

Latest posts

Back