Keezer - johnson control Digital question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rperkins

Reaction score
I am setting up my new keezer and purchased a Johnson Digital Controller.

I set the desired temperature to 38 degrees. This morning is was perfect.

Tonight I went to the freezer and looked at the controller and it was 30 but it was still set for 38. The temp in the freezer on a separate thermometer is 34

I dont have anything in the freezer at this time

I placed the freezer in the coldest setting.

Any ideas ??

A couple of things may be going on. First, if you have the probe for the Johnson at a different height from the thermometer, they'll read differently due to stratification. Second, chest freezers are notorious for continuing to drop the temperature a bit after the compressor stops running. This is particularly acute in a totally empty freezer...

Cheers!

What was the cut in value and the value to add to it for the power to cut out? (I forgot the letters:drunk:)

Also since it is empty, the temp will rise and fall very hard. Put cornys with water in there to gauge.:mug:

Offset 0
Differential 2

Alright, I'm not so dumb anymore with my instructions in front of me.:D

SP- 38
dif- 2
asd- (default 1)

So that means 36 to 38 degrees with the compressor coming on whenever it wants to. Set the asd to 10 to prevent the compressor from coming on for 10 minutes and report back.:mug: ...but add some volume like I mentioned earlier.

Back