• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brass or Stainless 3/8" Locknuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr14

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone has 2 of these they'd like to sell me?

I can't find them locally and I'm not paying $5.00 shipping (The cheapest I could find) for $1.70 worth of locknuts.

If anyone has some, I'll gladly send a self addressed stamped envelope to you with the money for them.

Thanks folks!

Where in ct are you? Im near Danbury. I might have some. What thread 3/8 nuts are you looking for? I think there is coarse and fine thread. I think coarse is 3/8x16. Not sure what fine thread is. Which one are you looking for ? Also are you looking for a thin jam nut or a regular nut with the plastic inside so it doesn't turn.

Ah I see. I still might have some. My grandfather is a retired plumber and has buckets full of brass parts.

I assume he's looking for 3/8" NPT nuts, not fastener types.

Yes sir, you are correct.

JRems said:
I still might have some. My grandfather is a retired plumber and has buckets full of brass parts.

That would be GREAT.

I'm trying to put together a weldless spigot on the aluminum pot, just like the thousands of people that have done it before me.

Let me know if you find some, and like I said, I'll throw some money your way and an envelope to send back. Thanks!

Sorry , only had 1/2" npt ones. What about getting a 3/8 coupler and cutting the ends off and using them as nuts?

JRems said:
Sorry , only had 1/2" npt ones. What about getting a 3/8 coupler and cutting the ends off and using them as nuts?

Oh you must be KIDDING me! Why the hell didn't I think of that?!?!?!

Glad I could help. Even with a hacksaw brass is soft. You should be able to make them no problem.

Now I just have to find a hex coupler. The home depot had a round one, as much sense as that makes.

Latest posts

Back