30,000 btu Camp Chef Single Burner enough?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borealis

Reaction score
Is this burner powerful enough for full boil 5 gallon extract batches? I can get it free, but want to know if it will work well enough. It is a Camp Chef Single Burner 30,000 btu.

Should work ok, might not be super fast getting to boil but it'll work, think my burner is about that BTU rating and it takes around 20-40 min to get to boil depending on outside temp.

Thanks. It seems like it would be okay for what I am doing. The only thing that worried me is that the company description calls it "low pressure". I know the Bayou SP10 for example are called high pressure.

I just ran a 6.5 preboil volume boil on a 45k burner. I had to actually turn the valve way down to keep the boil under control. I was fighting a boilover for the first 10 minutes, until I decided to back the heat off some. 30k should be fine for getting 6-6.5 gallons to boil temps.

Granted this was in a 30 qt turkey fryer pot (tall and narrow), so I'm not sure how your pot might compare.

Back