How the hell has everyone been?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
So, I am trying to make a comeback. Haven't been around these parts much lately. Busy and what time I do find to get online finds me at JK-Forum.com. Ah well, I'm making an attempt now.

Haven't brewed in a while (this year) but I am homegrowing some Hallarteau (ready for harvest) and got some yield first year from a jumbo. I bought ingredients for 2 batches also, so I just need to make the time.

Just figured I'd get on here tonight and attempt to make a comeback. I am sipping a La Fin Du Monde from a tulip glass, listening to some Dave and Tim on the Bose, and back on HBT. Oh how sweet. LOL.

Since I was here last I've just been working, working on getting married/honeymooning, and wheeling the jeep. I guess the marriage thing is kind of exciting depending who you are (or not). I'm enjoying it for the most part. LOL.

Also we have our own place (thats been about a year though) and the puppy we are going to get in 8 weeks or so was born today (Jack Russel Terrier - long legs, rough/broken coat). Work has been good for the summer, leaving most days at 3:30P after getting there at 6:30A. But soon have tax seen coming. Can't complain.

I have a few special beers in the fridge to help ease me back into the swing of craft beer and brewing. Westmalle triple 'bomber', Saison Dupon 'bomber', and a bunch of smaller bottles of IPA and/or belgians.

Hope all is well with all the other regulars here, let me try to get back into the swing of this! :rockin::ban::mug:

Sorry for the babble...

Welcome back, RB!

I haven't been around much, myself. Been too busy with the new babe, with work, and with working on the house to do a lot of brewing. But, I've done two batches and a batch of apfelwein in the past ten days, so I'm starting to yammer on more and more again.

Congrats on the wedding and the pup!

Welcome back, RB!

I haven't been around much, myself. Been too busy with the new babe, with work, and with working on the house to do a lot of brewing. But, I've done two batches and a batch of apfelwein in the past ten days, so I'm starting to yammer on more and more again.

Congrats on the wedding and the pup!

congrats on the baby, bird... I think I caught that thread on one of my few and far between visits, but not sure if I congratulated you or not. :)

Good to hear you are brewing this week. I definitely need to... soon...

It's a shame but I bought a keg of troegs (sixtel style) and a sanke low-pro tap for my 4912 kegerator until I get caught up!

By the way - my favotire Dave song... #41...

Come on regulars, where are you? Don't frequent the drunken forum?

Did I mention I started with a bottle of wine before I went to my better judgement of what this is all about. Beer... :) :) :)

What, I ain't good enough for you? ;)

Obviously, RB is a man of taste. Bird and I can keep you company until the people of class show up.

I was just wondering about you about a month ago. I was thinking of doing a Belgian pale ale, and I remembered that I had done a recipe of yours a few years back. I ended up sticking with a standard IPA, though. I'm a bit stuck in a rut, I guess.

I got 33.25 ounces of cascades up in my freezer today. I didn't even bother harvesting the hallertauer- there are tons but I just never use hallertauer anymore. I still have some in the freezer from last year.

Obviously, RB is a man of taste. Bird and I can keep you company until the people of class show up.

I was just wondering about you about a month ago. I was thinking of doing a Belgian pale ale, and I remembered that I had done a recipe of yours a few years back. I ended up sticking with a standard IPA, though. I'm a bit stuck in a rut, I guess.

I got 33.25 ounces of cascades up in my freezer today. I didn't even bother harvesting the hallertauer- there are tons but I just never use hallertauer anymore. I still have some in the freezer from last year.

Hey Yoop! Good to see you around!

The belgian pale i brew is good and did well in competition but it's no IPA, that's for sure. :rockin:

I prefer tripel or saison if drinking belgian... but my belgian PA was a good smooth drinking pale wit some belgian character.

Hey Yoop! Good to see you around!

The belgian pale i brew is good and did well in competition but it's no IPA, that's for sure. :rockin:

I prefer tripel or saison if drinking belgian... but my belgian PA was a good smooth drinking pale wit some belgian character.

Oh, yeah, I liked it! I like to have some "session" beers around, because I drink a few every night and it's not exactly charming to be half gorked all the time. I really like a lower ABV beer on tap, especially in the summer.

As you can see from the picture, Tara had a beautiful baby boy last month. He's my assistant brewer- we call him the microbrewer at Broken Leg Brewery.

Latest posts

Back