Hello from Fort Wayne

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andysim

Reaction score
I've brewed a few extracts and partial mashes with limited success.

I helped a friend brew an all grain and after getting some info from this site and youtube I'm going to brew an IPA all grain in a couple of weeks.:mug:

Hi All,
Noob from Elkhart, IN but currently at Purdue. I've made two extracts from kits and just bought supplies to do a Brown Ale. Random question, is it better to buy from sites or go to a homebrew store. The best closest is in Indianapolis, near an hour drive.

Welcome, fellow Fort Wayner! (Is that what we call ourselves? Maybe Fort Waynian? Is it obvious I wasn't born and raised here?) Either way, there is a wealth of knowledge here and you'll be glad you found it.

BTW, the LHBS is Brewer's Art supply on Wells street. Francie is very helpful!:mug:

I lived in FW for a couple years, used Brewers Art Supply soely... now I live in Indianapolis, and cannot afford the LHBS here, so I shop BrewmastersWarehouse for most things. Welcome...

I was at Brewer's Art Supply today. It's for sale.

Oh, man, now I feel bad for recently placing two $100 orders at AHS and Brewmaster's Warehouse. Curse your 10% off sales! Seriously, though, any more details? Is it a going out of business thing, or what? I'll have to swing by there soon to pick some more stuff up.

Also new here and from Fort Wayne. Brewed a kit a few years ago... working on my setup now for all-grain brewing. Planning to Keg in the next week to 10 days.

A buddy and I are purchasing dual setups and we're planning to brew together.

Oh, man, now I feel bad for recently placing two $100 orders at AHS and Brewmaster's Warehouse. Curse your 10% off sales! Seriously, though, any more details? Is it a going out of business thing, or what? I'll have to swing by there soon to pick some more stuff up.
I don't think they are going out of business, however Francine's father, Dan, who worked at the store died a last month from cancer.

Francine was not at the store when I was there yesterday. A guy name Joe was working. He was very helpful.

Back