Got Sprouts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2BeerSpeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it may be interesting to show off the sprouts and what region they are from...These are from Mount Airy, NC. I have 5 other varietys that are budding with Chinook being the slowest....

cascade.jpg

centennial.jpg

columbus.jpg

My Chinook are always the last, too, but they end up the highest, typically. It's fun to take notice of the differences between varieties...

I have a few starting, a lil nervous as I fully expect it to snow 1-2 more times before may.

2BeerSpeer said:
Thought it may be interesting to show off the sprouts and what region they are from...These are from Mount Airy, NC. I have 5 other varietys that are budding with Chinook being the slowest....

In Illinois and my new last year rhizomes are out of the ground. These are cascades.

image-3609379717.jpg

I'm in Boulder, CO and I just noticed my 2nd year Cascades (in pots) are up. The other pot of Centennials have not yet sprouted.

I'm pretty happy because this is a full 2 months prior to sprouting in the 1st year, which was a very late harvest.

Back