Cleaning Disconnects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slcdawg

Reaction score
Kegging my first beer tomorrow. WooHoo! Question about cleaning and sanatizing the disconnects. Do I just soak them in PBW, rinse and sanatize by soaking in Star San?

I read a post about disassembling them. Is this really necessary for brand new?

I soak them in PBW, rinse, and run star-san through them when I sanitize the entire line (tap and all).

I've never disassembled them to clean. Maybe I should start...

edit: I felt like I could have done something more outlandish for my 1000th post...... :D

Personally, I take the entire keg apart after each use, soak the keg and all the parts in PBW for a day, rinse, drain to dry and then I pressurize them with CO2 until time for the next use. Then it is a quick rinse with STARSAN and it's ready to go.

How do you run StarSan through them?

Put star san solution in the keg, hook up to gas, set to ~serving pressure, hook up to tap and run star san solution through the lines. It's best to disassemble everything often for cleaning, but to be sure everything, lines, taps and all, is sanitized, this is a really good way.

Put star san solution in the keg, hook up to gas, set to ~serving pressure, hook up to tap and run star san solution through the lines. It's best to disassemble everything often for cleaning, but to be sure everything, lines, taps and all, is sanitized, this is a really good way.

Thanks! Seems so obvious now. :D

Latest posts

Back