Questions????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcc1961

Reaction score
I am adding a co2 regulator to my 24 oz paintball tank with the adapter I got online.What I am wanting to know is how much pressure to set it for using a 2 liter bottle?Also do the cheaper 2 liter cola bottles bust easier than a coke or pepsi 2 liter and how many times can they be used?Also is there a simple cola recipe that doesn't require you to have a lot of hard to find ingredients?I have tried the soda stream cola and it tastes alright .

I am adding a co2 regulator to my 24 oz paintball tank with the adapter I got online.What I am wanting to know is how much pressure to set it for using a 2 liter bottle?Also do the cheaper 2 liter cola bottles bust easier than a coke or pepsi 2 liter and how many times can they be used?Also is there a simple cola recipe that doesn't require you to have a lot of hard to find ingredients?I have tried the soda stream cola and it tastes alright .

For soda, I use 40 psi and shake until carbed. I love a "carbonator cap" for soda (well, and beer too). I've never had any plastic soda bottles burst at 40 psi.

I don't make cola, but I know there are cola extracts available.

Yooper said:
For soda, I use 40 psi and shake until carbed. I love a "carbonator cap" for soda (well, and beer too). I've never had any plastic soda bottles burst at 40 psi.

I don't make cola, but I know there are cola extracts available.

Thanks for the tips! This really helped.

My GF doesn't like beer at all (homebrew, craft, or BMC), so this weekend we made root beer so she could share in my hobby a bit. Turned out quite nicely.

image-3223049823.jpg

I don't like the "crank 'n shake" method for beer, but for soda it works great. I'm not too worried about over carbing root beer.

Back