Do you think this would work for extract brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw one of craigtube's videos where he has one of those in his mancave for brewing quicky batches,heating water,etc.I think it's a def possibility.

unionrdr said:
I saw one of craigtube's videos where he has one of those in his mancave for brewing quicky batches,heating water,etc.I think it's a def possibility.

I will have to look for the video. Do you think it will be better than a turkey fryer?

But wait you also get the 9 piece fondue set as a complimentary gift. If you act now we will give you a second NuWave PIC for FREE!. All that for 3 payments of $33.33. :ban:

These induction cooktops intrigue me too, but I am guessing with the NuWaves you pay for what you get. Seems like the major complaint about it is for the tendency for it only to heat in the center. With extract this will likely increase the likelihood of scorching if you aren't careful. Some people have also complained that it was tough to get water to boil and they were working with smaller amounts than what you would with trying to brew. I would like to actually see this thing in action for brewing.

What really interests me about these induction cooktops is the purported temperature control. These things are supposed to heat in 10 degree increments which might make for controlling mash temps.

I can't say absolutely,since I have yet to get one. But I'm seriously concidering it! I don't think it'll match the BTU's of a gas turkey burner,but being induction,I could be wrong. It heats faster,so it's possible that it'll work well for partial boils. I wanna get one for kitchen use as well,since I'm rather adept at fried chicken & joe-joe's,fish,veggies,etc. Lots of uses for a precision device like this.

Just make sure you use a stainless steel pot and not aluminum. I know a lot of people who cook with them and like them. I think they would work pretty well for doing a boil.

I am betting it would have to be a 1 to 2 gallon boil max. It may get hot quickly but to maintain a boil of any volume it takes more muscle.

Back