Favorite tv openings/theme songs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree...But wasn't there at least one episode that actually used the sung theme from the movie? I've been racking my brain....I think it was an episode where a news crew was doing a piece on the unit....and Country Joe is playing and singing it....(or am I getting a scene from the original movie mixed up with the series?)

No, in the series there was a comic songster that sang it. Damned if I can remember his name!! He was good though....Damned memory!!! :mad:

I'm going to list them, since the the attached video's are causing my internetz to be slow:

Thunder Cats
Smurfs
Alf
Family Guy
Law & Order
A-Team
M*A*S*H
Gillian's Island
Brady Bunch
Partridge Family
the Munsters
the Three Stooges
What's Happening?
Happy Days

It's going to be one of those things that's going to really bug me until I remember...and probably wake me up at 3 am with the name...arrghhh

I know Loudon Wainright was in an episode for each of the first few seasons. Might it be him?

I agree...But wasn't there at least one episode that actually used the sung theme from the movie? I've been racking my brain....I think it was an episode where a news crew was doing a piece on the unit....and Country Joe is playing and singing it....(or am I getting a scene from the original movie mixed up with the series?)

Excuse the phonetic spelling. Lowden Wainright!! I nearly bust a blood vessel trying to come up with that name!!! Yes, it was in an episode of the TV series. Funny guy too. I forgot all about him!

Edit: Bugger!! too late! now I feel stupid 'cos of my spelling!!! :D

I'm going to list them, since the the attached video's are causing my internetz to be slow:

Thunder Cats
Smurfs
Alf
Family Guy
Law & Order
A-Team
M*A*S*H
Gillian's Island
Brady Bunch
Partridge Family
the Munsters
the Three Stooges
What's Happening?
Happy Days

Pah! no Adam's Family? De diddily dum, de diddely de.....click click.:cross:

The original Get Smart!

They actually reshot this a few times with different cars, but the original "Sunbeam Tiger" intro is the best.

[youtube]AvMj5LuT5hk[/youtube]

I think he did the song in one of his appearances.....:mug:

Gary Burghoff played the drums a couple times on the show. He's actually a very accomplished show drummer, but he has a deformed hand, which he is somewhat self conscious about. This is why Radar is almost continually holding a clipboard or has his hand in his pocket.

Gary Burghoff played the drums a couple times on the show. He's actually a very accomplished show drummer, but he has a deformed hand, which he is somewhat self conscious about. This is why Radar is almost continually holding a clipboard or has his hand in his pocket.

I do the same, but I do it simply to hide the fact that I am holding my penis :(

One of my favorite shows.
[youtube]iGvaiazMXtI[/youtube]

I would put the intro to Wonder Showzen up, but i couldnt find a vid of it. classic disturbing TV

and of course youtube humor
[youtube]zjhJSD8RU4k[/youtube]

I never actually saw the show, the intro is just hilarious

This was even before MY time! These were the days when "Muffin the Mule" was still legal, and was all about puppets, and it rained carrots, apparently! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Quest
[youtube]xV_-u9sxYZM[/youtube]
The Courtship of Eddies Father
[youtube]2sJ1DLYE3LQ[/youtube]
Mr Ed
[youtube]y_PZPpWTRTU[/youtube]
Bewitched
[youtube]ihuQFnuxhkY[/youtube]

I'm not going to watch every video on here to see if someone else posted it but...

Firefly Theme. :) I think I'm in love with Summer Glau...

[youtube]6fZGB0EEkRs[/youtube]

A few more I thought about at work.

Band of Brothers! Possibly the most beautiful soundtrack around.

[youtube]50iElH7AS74[/youtube]

Tour of Duty

[youtube]2YounU6LsM0[/youtube]

Saved by the Damn Bell

[youtube]kHKvruzbWl4[/youtube]

ER

[youtube]IB9AfDuvvZQ&feature[/youtube]

Cool thread.

I probably spent to many hours of my youth watching, Hogan's Heroes

Here's my favorite from the 60's;
I always wondered,since it is a parade march,if it was ever used during a military graduation? I always thought it's be really cool...:rockin:

Back