primary fermentation bucket or carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyclef

Reaction score
does it matter if i use a bucket or carboy for primary fermentation?

thx, i think i'll roll with the glass carboy and just use the plastic bucket to dump extra sanitizer to soak the different smaller pieces. i'll wrap a blanket around it to keep the sun away from it.

thx, i think i'll roll with the glass carboy and just use the plastic bucket to dump extra sanitizer to soak the different smaller pieces. i'll wrap a blanket around it to keep the sun away from it.

So you already have one of each? Both 6-6.5 gal?

I currently went cheap, bucket, and a bottling bucket. Both 6.5 gal. If I ever want a secondary, I'd get a 5 gal carboy.

But I might just decide to get another bucket so I cna have two batches going at once, and use the $$ saved compared to the carboy on ingredients. ;)

I like the clear better bottles - I get to see what is going on and watch the fermentation go crazy :)

I like glass carboys better. I can fit 6 in my 16cuft chest freezer.:D Where buckets only 5 :(

Back