Killians Red Clone Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libirm

Reaction score
Hello-
Going with the old adage:"happy wife, happy Life"
Could someone recommend a Killians Red clone?
My wife loves this beer so I thought I brew her a batch!

I've brewed the kit by Northern Brewer a few times. To my palate it is nearly the same, but with more body.

The Northern Brewer Irish Red is excellent, it's what I have on tap at home right now.

Well thanks for the help-
I went with the kit from barley & vine-
will have to see which is better-
Which means I have to order Northern Brewer Kit to compare.;)

Remember that Killians is a lager, and not really an "Irish red" (which is an ale) so if you want to exactly copy Killians, it'd be a red colored lager, not an Irish red.

+1 vote on the Northern Brewer kit. I went to my local bottle shop and bought singles of six diff reds. After brewing the NB kit it tasted closest to Killians

Remember that Killians is a lager, and not really an "Irish red" (which is an ale) so if you want to exactly copy Killians, it'd be a red colored lager, not an Irish red.

THIS. My first Extract Kit was a Red Ale, and bought it thinking it'd taste like Killians. Finally dawned on me after I bought it, but it was still pretty darn good. :eek:

Will be brewing this Friday!!!
Will let you know how it tastes in about 3-4 weeks!!

Had my first pint of this brew with a friend....
We both agreed- this better than a pint of killians!!
Little more body and great taste...
I would recommend it.
Also
Kudos to the guys at Barley and vine- they where great it answering a couple of questions!!!

I have the NB Irish Red bottle conditioning right now. I've had a couple of "test" bottles so far, and they're pretty good. Planning on moving them to the fridge next week.

I would recommend it.
Also
Kudos to the guys at Barley and vine- they where great it answering a couple of questions!!!

I'm glad you liked the clone kit. I have enjoyed making it a few times. Goes down real easy and great flavor.

I would recommend it.
Also

Did you bottle or keg? I made the same kit two weeks ago and kegged it.
Oh the waiting.

I kegged it- I found it really started to taste really good after 2 weeks in keg under pressure.
Cheers

Back