wine? houch? Just good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colaarmbar

Reaction score
So I had a left over pineapple that looked like the family was not going to eat. And some Green Goodness in the fridge that i decide to hijack. I Juiced the pinapple by hand and put the pulp and everything but the skin in two cups of green goodness and a cup and half of sugar. I table spoon of energizer and some white wine yeast (can't remember what strain). At first it was green and smelled of fruity garbge. Let it fermint for about a week. Strained into a large pot then into the secondary. Let it sit in there for about a month. Put into another carboy and now it is clear/golden and so good. It packs a punch but boy this is sweet and strong. Would this be considered wine or houch?

IMO, hooch is something you make just to get drunk on and not for the flavor, so the fact that you are enjoying it already makes it un-hooch (lol). Plus, if it's 100% fruit it's 100% wine, my friend. :)

Now you've started your first wine, you should get into some proper procedures. Imagine how good it could be using better equipment/standard techniques when you created that out of leftovers! For next time, you might want to add some water to thin it down!

Great news this turned out awesome. My first made up wine turned out great. Actually wouldn't really consider it wine. But really good to drink.

Back