How do you hook up a corona mill to a electic drill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f4an

Reaction score
I have a corona mill that I want to hook up to my electric drill somehow. Does anyone have a good method for doing this? Possibly some photos showing your set up? Any help would be much appreciated.

Obtain a bolt that has the same threads as the bolt that holds the crank on, only a couple inches longer and remove the hex head of the bolt. Attach drill chuck...very simple.

That's what I was thinking. I was afraid it would just slip on the bolt and not get a grip. Thanks for your help.

I just put a bolt in, then chucked up a socket in the drill. No worry about slipping that way, and the drill isn't attached right to the mill.

Other option is to grind a flat spot in the bolt right where you cut the head off to give your chuck a place to grab. - I used a Dremel for mine and did it in a few minutes. Only issue is that I sometimes have a REALLY hard time getting the bolt back out of the mill if I want to put the handle back on.

To aid in getting the bolt out of the mill use a nut on the bolt. Put the nut on the bolt then screw the bolt into the mill. When the bolt is in the mill screw the nut down to the mill. The nut will prevent the bolt from getting farther into the mill thus preventing it from getting stuck.

Back