Transformers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
HOLY SIHT!!!!

Anyone else see that movie yet? I was completely beside myself last night

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

I saw it last Thursday and was very impressed.

My only beef was that a Pontiac Solstice became a Transformer, but that's not much to gripe about.

How hot is that concept camaro?

jezter6 said:
I saw it last Thursday and was very impressed.

My only beef was that a Pontiac Solstice became a Transformer, but that's not much to gripe about.

How hot is that concept camaro?

I was upset at the camaro being Bumble Bee, but then I realized that it was a cool bitchin' camaro!!!!!! (bitchin camaro, bitchin camaro; Dead Milkmen)

You guys are showing your age a bit. OH CRAP! I guess I am too :drunk:

I haven't gone to see it yet, but it's on my list of things to do this weekend. I even went and dug out all my 1st generation transformers that I had when I was a kid. It didn't seem like I had 80 of the things when I was 10, but man my mom must have really loved me to keep buying those suckers. If I remember correcty they were like $10 a piece even back in the early/mid eighties.

Took the kids to see it on Tuesday at the Alamo Draft House. Kids are happy, Mom & Dad get a pitcher, Oh yeah, the movie was good too.

98EXL said:
Anyone else see that movie yet? I was completely beside myself last night

You saw it by yourself? :D

I've been wanting to go--it looks great. I was a huge transformers kid growing up. My boss said it was the only movie he had ever been to that got a standing ovation at the end. Not sure why people think standing up and clapping at the end is going to make any difference, but oh well.....

I haven't seen it just yet, but I want to.
(The bookcase beside the computer here is covered with Transformers Alternators, 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime - with fixed aftermarket smokestacks, and Masterpiece Megatron...)

The SWMBO and I saw it last night and I must say that I loved it! We plan an seeing it again soon. Now I just wish that they would play this on an IMAX screen.

Entirely off-topic, but...is there anyone else who, when people applaud at the end of a movie, want to jump up and scream at the top of your lungs, "It's a movie, you damn idiots, not a broadway show! The people who made it CAN'T F*CKING HEAR YOU! They're in Hollywood right now spending the $12 you spent to see this movie. Do you clap at the TV at home? No? Then SHUT UP!"

Sorry. It just makes me angry. And it's gotten worse in the past 5-10 years, it seems. Live Free or Die Hard was a pretty good movie, but holy sh*t, people leapt out of their seats and burst into applause like someone had just cured cancer. Dumbasses.

Evan, geeze dude, lighten up! Do you clap or cheer when you're watching sports on TV?

I'll clap at home when something awesome happens in Battlestar Galactica or back when I was watching Firefly. (but only when other people are there)

I'll clap when I'm watching Formula 1 and a driver I like puts a great pass on someone else.

Its good times, let em enjoy it. If you don't like the reaction of crowds, wait for DVD Rentals. :)

I haven't seen it yet but my 16yo son saw it and can't stop raving about how it is the best movie he's ever seen.
Guess I better go see it.

I saw it yesterday with my two heartbreakers (son, soon to be 13 and daughter almost 10). It was a very enjoyable movie. I do remember watching the cartoon series years ago. I was impressed with the CG graphics and thought that it all blended very well. Okay, enough with the babble.

I thought the movied kicked A$$! I especially enjoyed watching the love interest. I thought she had that Jennifer Connelly look about her. She made me sit up and notice. I will be looking for here in the future and maybe by then she'll have filled out more. Seems as though there will be a sequel coming, usually does.

And....... everyone clapped at the end too. Which I did think was pretty lame. Yes I thought what a bunch of dumba$$ ignorant Bastions. But to each his own. He!!, I talk to the TV at home sometime (during football season). All in all It was worth the money. :rockin:

Rook said:
Evan, geeze dude, lighten up! Do you clap or cheer when you're watching sports on TV?

I'll clap at home when something awesome happens in Battlestar Galactica or back when I was watching Firefly. (but only when other people are there)

I'll clap when I'm watching Formula 1 and a driver I like puts a great pass on someone else.

Its good times, let em enjoy it. If you don't like the reaction of crowds, wait for DVD Rentals. :)

OT - Why do we have to wait till January for BS?

ohiobrewtus said:
You guys are showing your age a bit. OH CRAP! I guess I am too :drunk:

I haven't gone to see it yet, but it's on my list of things to do this weekend. I even went and dug out all my 1st generation transformers that I had when I was a kid. It didn't seem like I had 80 of the things when I was 10, but man my mom must have really loved me to keep buying those suckers. If I remember correcty they were like $10 a piece even back in the early/mid eighties.

Yeah, I was totally a poor kid. . I had one transformer, and the rest were the cheaper, more prevalent, less cool "Go-Bots."

I hated kids like you when I was a kid!!

For those who have seen this movie, I need an opinion. I took my 4 yr old to see Fantastic 4 and she asks me to take her to see transformers every time the commercial comes on. I see that it's PG 13 where Fantastic 4 was PG.

Is it cool for a 4 yr old? A little bad language doesn't really bother me, but I'd rather avoid non-comicbook violence and sex if I can.

Probably a little too violent for a 4yr old.... I saw it yesterday and it totally rocked!! I'll probably go see it again this weekend, one of my friends wants to go and his wife is refusing to go w/ him... I thought it was cool how they had the Optimus Prime voice from the cartoon.

Evan! said:
Entirely off-topic, but...is there anyone else who, when people applaud at the end of a movie, want to jump up and scream at the top of your lungs, "It's a movie, you damn idiots, not a broadway show! The people who made it CAN'T F*CKING HEAR YOU! They're in Hollywood right now spending the $12 you spent to see this movie. Do you clap at the TV at home? No? Then SHUT UP!"

Sorry. It just makes me angry. And it's gotten worse in the past 5-10 years, it seems. Live Free or Die Hard was a pretty good movie, but holy sh*t, people leapt out of their seats and burst into applause like someone had just cured cancer. Dumbasses.

I hate when people clap after their plane lands. What's next? Clapping when the bus comes to a complete stop?

Die hard was good. I enjoyed it. I have yet to see transformers

rdwj said:
For those who have seen this movie, I need an opinion. I took my 4 yr old to see Fantastic 4 and she asks me to take her to see transformers every time the commercial comes on. I see that it's PG 13 where Fantastic 4 was PG.

Is it cool for a 4 yr old? A little bad language doesn't really bother me, but I'd rather avoid non-comicbook violence and sex if I can.

I would go see it w/o her, then make the call. Although I saw return of the Jedi when I was a little one in the theater........but I don't know if that is an ok comparison

Back