First Year Cascade and attempt at growing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rami

Reaction score
My first attempt at growing hops. Planted 5 cascade rhizomes. Chose cascade due to their heat tolerance. Purchased from north west hops. Used an old side of a horse corral that my father had on his property for the base of the trellis. Once they grow, i'll slide two longer poles down the inside of the outer corral posts and run the sisal higher. Now the waiting beings! Can't wait for my first home hopped IPA.

Best of luck with your new hops.
I like the idea of using an existing fence for support. You aught to be able to weave in a new upright rather easily with minimal effort. Good idea.

Should work well, once you need higher , stick a long ass piece of rebar in each post to make your trellis and let them keep climbing

I am jealous. I have my hop bed tilled up...just tilled in some compost (again). I am working on my trellis, but the weather is not cooperating. My rhizomes are still frozen in the ground with the supplier, and our temps here in Virginia are consistently 10 degrees below normal. My whole garden is on hold.

I am planting a pumpkin patch as well for some fall brewing.

Latest posts

Back