Desperate help on ginger beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benkrupt

Reaction score
I have just finished my primary on an old fashioned ginger beer that I have been brewing. It's 15l and the bubbles were slowing down, so I filtered it all into another 15l to filter all the ginger pieces, etc. I then topped it up with about 3l of distiller water and added a day of honey to hopefully get it lock started again. Has only been an hour but no sign of any bubbles. I made sure the temperature of distiller water was room temp, so I don't shock the yeast. Any pointers on what I should do now?
Thanks

What kind of yeast is it? what temp are you fermenting at? have you taken any gravity readings? need wore info what is a day of honey?

I am using Nottingham ale yeast, sorry spelling mistake... A dash of honey and a little bit of dextrose to try and keep the yeasties happy. Reading was just over 1005. I know it's close to bottling but I added 3l of water so worried alcohol content will be a bit too weak. Plus secondary I wanted to filter it once before I bottle it. I was going to add 6 grams of dextrose to each grolsch bottle when bottling for carbonation. Hope this all makes sense. Cheers

Back