Help! LOVE controler Ver2 ??? (w/pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I've done a lot of searching and haven't turned up anything very helpful yet.

I recently purchased a LOVE Controller. TSX-10140

• 110Vac
  • [SIZE=-2]°F[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-2]One Relay[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-2]NTC Thermistor [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=-2]Red[/SIZE]

Version 1 looks like this.

332389_300.jpg

However I have version 2... which looks like this.

tsx-10140.JPG

They have added a defrost feature as apart of Version 2. I'm not that interested in the defrost feature, because I don't plan on ice forming in my keezer!

So here's a picture of my wiring so far.

• Thermocouple in position 1 & 2
  • Neutral position 6
  • Power position 7
  • Output position 8
  • Jumper from position 8 and 9

tsx-10140b.JPG

Now my problem is that the max voltage I am getting sent out of the controller is 19volts... which doesn't make any sense to me.

I can hear the controller actuate when I bring the set-point below ambient, but the voltage doesn't change... constantly 19 volts.

I've tried switching the neutral / power, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

The control type of these controls is on/off, so the voltage I would assume should be 120 or nothing.

I'm anxious to get this working but I'm at a loss as to why its not.
Is something wired wrong, or is something malfunctioning?

Here's a few more pics of my progress thus far.

keezer1.JPG

keezer2.JPG

Remove the jumper from terminal # 8 and connect to terminal #7.
Terminal # 8 is your supply power for cooling.
Remove the green wire and replace with black or red wire.
Use green for ground only.

Nice looking unit.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

So I should have a jumper from #7 to #9 ?

I'll try that...

Terminal #8 is the output power currently going to the compressor which is where I measured the 19 volts with respect to neutral.

Also the green wire is there only because I couldn't find a three strand wire with two whites, blacks or red. So I was stuck using the ground wire as supply power...

So I should have a jumper from #7 to #9 ?
Yes.

Based on your wiring you only shorted the open relay contacts and did not supply the required voltage from terminal #7.

Also the green wire is there only because I couldn't find a three strand wire with two whites, blacks or red. So I was stuck using the ground wire as supply power...

We all forgive you (I hope):D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Interesting! From the schematic I thought contact 9 provided the power which the controller used to switch power on/off to contact 8.

I'll go swap that right now...

We all forgive you (I hope):D

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Also after a few pints no one will be able to tell which color wire to snip anyhow!!!

But yes, I hate using ground wires for anything but ground also... my keezer just caught me at a weak moment.

Edit: Yep That worked! Thanks for the help!!!!
Made total sense once you said I had shorted the open relay contacts and not supply voltage.

If you're ever coming through Southern Oregon, you'll have to stop by for a pint or 3!

Latest posts

Back