Adding Second Batch to Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JwP33

Reaction score
Last Sunday I brewed a Black IPA which has slowed or stopped bubbling at this point. I haven't taken a reading yet. It is in the freezr set at 62*.

I was hoping to keep it in the primary for at least another week, but I would like to brew again tonight adding the second batch to the fermentation chamber.

I am using a Johnsons Digital controller which has been secured to the side of the carboy with foam insulation and tape.
I will be moving the probe to the second batch.

What I am concerned about is will the first batch be affected by the temp swings in the chamber now that the controller is montioring the second batch?
The temp range on the both yeasts I am using are 60*72*

I would just take last weeks batch out and put it somewhere else. It is likely done fermenting at this point and the flavor profile is set. I would still leave it in primary for another week at room temperature so the yeast can clean up a bit.

+1 on that. I have made a lot of back to back weekend batches when my stock was getting low. Transferred last weeks batch to the closet in a room that has a steady temp and fermented the next batch. No off flavors to speak of yet.

Back