Help me date these Northern Brewer Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimTheHick

Reaction score
Hi all,
I got some free hops from a friend that is taking a break from home brewing. They told me the hops were a 'year or two' old from NB. I've only been doing this for a year, so I don't have any bearing on how packaging has evolved. Here are pics of the two types of packages I have inherited:
thanks for the help!

image-3600954350.jpg

Northern Brewer changed thier hop packaging sometime last year, however I have no idea how long the old type of packaging was used.

Creamy Goodness here to give you some New York brand advice on dating hops.

Before dating a dead pellet-sized nugget of hops, I would suggest you make a list of
things you want in a relationship. Bitterness? Aroma? Head retention? (and dont we all, amirite?) Know that a lot of the rules that apply for dating a Kardashian, Hilton, or Shannen Dohority apply for dating hops... conversation will be either frustrating or nonexistant. Best of luck in life and love. ~ Creamy

PS. Sorry to be a wiseacre, it was way too good. I think you will be getting some serious replies from people who know shortly.

CreamyGoodness said:

Before dating a dead pellet-sized nugget of hops, I would suggest you make a list of
things you want in a relationship. Bitterness? Aroma? Head retention? (and dont we all, amirite?) Know that a lot of the rules that apply for dating a Kardashian, Hilton, or Shannen Dohority apply for dating hops... conversation will be either frustrating or nonexistant. Best of luck in life and love. ~ Creamy

PS. Sorry to be a wiseacre, it was way too good. I think you will be getting some serious replies from people who know shortly.

Actually they smell pretty good.

I have about 30 packages of various types of hops, so I'd hate to throw them out. Even if it does make sorta good comedy.

i was hoping for a reply like this, but i couldn't bring myself to do it this morning

Latest posts

Back