Homebrew mistakes v commercial beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
Have you ever tried to brew a beer and it didn't turn out right? But like something else
I brewed Orfy's hobgoblin clone (extract) last year. As the picture shows it turned out clear and tasted good, not quite hobgoblin as it was too sweet and too light in colour (my mistakes). Turns out I tried "Doom Bar" last night and f me if it tasted very familiar in fact it looked and tasted like my messed up hobgoblin. Pic to follow later. What's you're successful mistake

image-406890306.jpg

Yep. I did Jakes CDA with a few changes not too long ago. Walked into my local bar and ordered O'Conners Dismal Swamp and the only difference I could tastes was they dryhopped their beer and I didn't.

Arrogant Bastard clone, mashed too high at 165f and boiling a little too long brought out caramel notes from malliard reactions. It created a much stronger, much hoppier version more similar to double bastard. Absolutely delicious. :)

1st pic 'Doom Bar' commercial

2nd pic 'Hobgoblin Clone' (messed up extract)

image-1033744474.jpg

image-340331394.jpg

Latest posts

Back