Short ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

San_Diego_Matt

Reaction score
I may be grasping at straws here, but I'm looking for a 5 gallon ball lock keg that is ~22" tall or shorter.

In my searches I've found out that pin lock kegs are generally 22" tall and that ball lock kegs are generally 25" tall.

I have a link saved where someone was selling short 22" ball lock kegs, but the link is dead.

Someone on another board said that on some pin lock kegs you can swap out the pins for balls, but I've not been able to find any additional information about this.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance

Matt

The pin locks are indeed shorter but as to changing the posts I dont think it works without modification. There are even some 20 1/2 inch ones out there but they are 4.75 gallons

STA72884.JPG

the ones on eBay now are going for $85 or so and there aint **** on craigslist here for brewing most of the time.

There was a 2.5 gal corny that went for $45 a couple weeks ago, but I was a moment too late to snag it.

I've got a couple emails in to some of the large keg wholesalers to see if they can help

Back