First time, what can i expect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Hey guys, just transfered directly from a better bottle racking adapter (my primary) directly into a keg..

what can i expect in the amount of sediment in the keg, will it transfer to the glass, and will it be just for a few pours?

thanks

You may get some sediment on the first and last pulls, depending on the beer type. I find most of the yeast falls below the dip tube though.

My first 2 pours get a fair bit of yeast in them but after that it's crystal clear. That's with natural carbonation too, if you're force carbing you will probably get even less I would think.

Edit: Also, how long was it in primary?

I'd expect the first couple pours to be pretty yeasty then. If you cool it to serving temperature for a week or so before you pull the first pint it will give the yeast layer time to compact a bit, should minimize the chewy pints.

I started doing this on the last few brews. After trimming the dip tube about 1", I rarely get any yeast after the first pint. Works great in my opinion.

Back