StarSan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleAleMale

Reaction score
I just started usin this stuff and besides all the bubbles, is it supposed to leave a "sanitized" scent in the carboys...will this odor impart off flavors? do you rinse the carboys out following the star san?? Im still not set on this whoel Cleaning/sanitizing stuff so tell me what you do...thanks!!

It doesn't leave a scent that I've ever noticed. Don't bother rinsing, just rack right onto those bubbles. It's edible...at least in relatively small quantities. Someone here accidentally left a gallon or more of it in their carboy and racked beer on top of it. Apparently it tasted great!

Yuri_Rage said:
It doesn't leave a scent that I've ever noticed. Don't bother rinsing, just rack right onto those bubbles. It's edible...at least in relatively small quantities. Someone here accidentally left a gallon or more of it in their carboy and racked beer on top of it. Apparently it tasted great!

Is that the same as C-Brite?

Back