Lyle's Golden Syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroach01

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was wondering where in NYC I could find Lyle's Golden Syrup or what I could use for a substitute. I am brewing a scottish ale this weekend that calls for one pound of lyle's.

Thanks!

Kris

Also, while not from NY, I've seen it in Whole Foods as well..

But I still stand by the suggestion to use Golden Eagle if you can find it. It's really close.

Thanks for the responses!

I will try my local grocery, but the nearest whole foods is in manhattan so I probably won't do that.. I will look also for the mentioned substitutes.

How would one make it from scratch?

You can find it on Amazon or at most higher end grocery stores in the british section. Someone always chimes in that you can make it yourself. Yes, you can make invert sugar syrup. But, if you havent tasted Lyles, it is amazing and not the same as the stuff you can make at home. Do yourself a huge favor and seek out the Lyles.

Here is a 2 pack. Each can or bottle is a pound. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WR22CA/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Forrest

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back