Grolsch Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crags9

Reaction score
I've decided with the holiday season rapidly approaching I would rather bottle some of the more 'seasonal' brews instead of taking up a tap on my keezer. (On a side note - does anyone else do that?)

Anyways, I found 100 Grolsch bottles on Craigslist for $50. Is this a pretty good deal? I thought I would rather use the swing-top bottles instead of cappers, just seems like it would be easier. Does anyone use grolsch bottles on a regular basis? Do they seal well?

Thanks for the responses!

I think that is a great buy !!! I have used them for 2 different batches !!!! when I start bottling from the keg, I will use my swing-tops almost always...you will be in for a few dollars for gaskets here and there.....

I would buy em.... I keep mine in some recently aquired milk cases, works great

Thanks for the response! I went ahead and got them. Also, I'm glad you mentioned that about bottling from the keg. That is going to be my next step. I'd prefer to keg my beers to get them carbed, then bottle, instead of using the priming sugar.

A lot of "Return-It" type recycling places will sell you grolsch bottles back for the deposit. Which would be between 5-10 dollars depending on your local deposit rates.

Thanks for the help. I was wondering about the Grolsch bottles, read this and found a case on craigslist for $1 per bottle. Planning to test them out next week. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back