Updated brewstand!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
lschiavo came over today and performed surgery on my brewstand, but I forgot to take pictures of the "before and after".

Some of the things he updated back in March are the control panel, and the HLT.

Today, we added a second pump, and cut the stand to have a smaller footprint. We lowered the HLT and MLT level, so that now I have a single tier brewstand. We added some more wheels, for ease of movement and sturdiness. The smaller footprint means that I can open the brewery room door without lifting/dragging the stand out of the way to open and close the door on brewday.

Some of the issues with the two-tier were minor, like I couldn't see in the HLT and didn't know when I was running out of water as the sight gauge only went down to 2.5 gallons. I had to stand up on a step stool to stir the mash or to check the temperature and to check the flow for the HERMS. It wasn't a big deal, but rather minor annoyances. So today, he performed surgery on it, and I have the new and improved BrewBeast. I think it's version 3.0 or something by now!

Last week:
DSCF5825.jpg

And today:
DSCF5838.jpg

Very nice!

Thanks! I"m so excited! It seems like I now have everything just right for me. Of course, I did mention to lschiavo when he was here that I could use a keg now for an MLT, and only need a false bottom for it..................:D

Seriously, I think it has to undergo some changes as you use it. I love, love, love the all-electric idea and am thrilled with the basics. But first I added the CFC, and then the new HLT and control panel, etc. As I used it, I found that changing up a few minor things would make a huge difference in the convenience of the whole system.

I don't think I could have designed a system from scratch that I would like any better.

Thanks! I"m so excited! It seems like I now have everything just right for me. Of course, I did mention to lschiavo when he was here that I could use a keg now for an MLT, and only need a false bottom for it..................:D

Seriously, I think it has to undergo some changes as you use it. I love, love, love the all-electric idea and am thrilled with the basics. But first I added the CFC, and then the new HLT and control panel, etc. As I used it, I found that changing up a few minor things would make a huge difference in the convenience of the whole system.

I don't think I could have designed a system from scratch that I would like any better.

Hey, what about the engine and steering? That has to be on the list for future upgrades!

I enjoyed the project. Working on a brew rig is a great way to spend a day. Actually brewing may be a little better though. When you gonna try out the new pump?

Hey, what about the engine and steering? That has to be on the list for future upgrades!

I enjoyed the project. Working on a brew rig is a great way to spend a day. Actually brewing may be a little better though. When you gonna try out the new pump?

Oh, I forgot to mention to Bob that I was putting a lawnmower engine and a steering wheel in the next version. He did come in and say, "Wow- this really is an improvement" or something like that when I showed him the perfect height for all the vessels.

I'm going to do a wet run with water tomorrow, just to make sure I put the fittings on tight enough and don't have any major (or even minor, I guess) leaks!

I think I'm going to brew Wednesday afternoon. There is a carpet cleaning guy coming then, and my order from Brewmaster's Warehouse should be here besides by Tuesday, so I can do a quick yeast starter. If you're not doing anything, come over!

Back