Bottle Conditioning temperature very high

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prince49

Reaction score
I'm brewing in India with no central AC, I am at the mercy of the weather gods when it comes to bottle conditioning (my fermentation cooler has my trippel in it), and the room temperature varies from 70 - 95 F, and will get warmer as summer really starts to set in.

How will this affect my beer? I opened my first bottle a week from bottling, and I can see that its starting to age and carb up, so I am not too worried.

Should I put the bottles in the fridge right after 3 weeks? Is there anything else I should do to negate the effect of high temperature during conditioning?

Depending on the yeast I would say if it gets sustained temps of 90+ you might kill them off and carbonation will stop. Some belgian yeasts are more tolerant of high temps, those might be better suited for your climate. But 70's should be fine for most yeasts.

it is very unlikely that you'll need three weeks at those temps. check after 10 and 14 days.
i have bottle conditioned at 80 with no noticable flavor effects

Back