Turkey on a Weber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way i would do a turkey without, I dry brined mine this year and worked equally well, I would have been sunk without it as iI over shot my temp. The turkey was a hit as usual.:D

Yeah. This was two firsts. Dry rub and on the Weber. We usually fry. My wife did one in the oven once and used the bag.

The new order is Weber, fried, oven.

Yeah. This was two firsts. Dry rub and on the Weber. We usually fry. My wife did one in the oven once and used the bag.

The new order is Weber, fried, oven.
Looks good.
Glad it worked out for you, it looks like you went with coals on both sides?And no smoke?

I never brine, and always use 2 coal bins with the turkey in between on a custom grate that gives more clearance under the dome. I've done dozens this way, and the flavor and moisture are always spot on.

20131128_131139.jpg

Good times, good food, and good family.

The turkey wasn't the only thing that got smoked. My dad, my son, and me!

The3JJs.jpg

Oh yeah -- and we enjoyed my son's pale ale and my dopplebock!

I think my issue with brine is that I did it to a frozen turkey, rather than a fresh one. It is my understanding that frozen turkeys are injected with a salt brine to keep them moist in the freezing/preservation process. Therefore, when I "brined" my bird, it had both the salt from the processing AND the salt from the brine. If I ever do a fresh bird, I will brine it; I will avoid it with frozen birds...just too much sodium for my wife and me.

glenn514:mug:

adiochiro3 said:
I never brine, and always use 2 coal bins with the turkey in between on a custom grate that gives more clearance under the dome. I've done dozens this way, and the flavor and moisture are always spot on.

Good times, good food, and good family.

The turkey wasn't the only thing that got smoked. My dad, my son, and me!

Oh yeah -- and we enjoyed my son's pale ale and my dopplebock!

Nice pic! Where's your plaid?

Back