Hello From Melbourne Fl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike774u

Reaction score
I'm Mike and just had my first taste of "home brew" Friday night, and now I have to try it.
Luckily we have a couple Home Brew stores locally however, I'm trying to learn before I buy.
I know I would rather keg the beer than bottle it. Just here hoping to learn something from others trial and errors.
Totally open to suggestion and willing to listen to learn. I look forward to being able to share my experiences hopefully here soon.

Good luck. Personally I would just start with a beginner bucket kit and get brewing. Maybe bottle before investing all the money in a keg set-up. Expanding and upgrading your equipment is half the fun of homebrewing.

I just moved Melbourne a few months ago. SAAZ, the homebrew club, is really active. About 20-30 people at the meetings I have been to. We are actually gearing up for the huge yearly competition, expecting ~500 entries. It's a good opportunity to steward if you are interested in judging or just tasting alot of competition beers (some good, some bad :)

Where in Melbourne are you?

I am off Lake Washington, not far from US1. I was born and raised here, just moved back 2 years ago. I was checking out the SAAZ website, they do look like they have a lot going on. If I'm feeling up to it I may come to the meeting tomorrow.

Back