STRESSING about moving all of my sours this weekend.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICWiener

Reaction score
I bottled everything I possibly could...but the time has come. I'm moving this weekend and I have 5 sours to relocate. Holy jeez I am not happy about it. I'm **** scared of losing them to oxidation.

Anyways, Just thought I'd rant about it for a second. I bought a can of wine preserver to purge headspace and I already have the carboys sealed up with a silicon bung, so hopefully the rest will work itself out. Still, I'm not looking forward to it.

It sounds like you've taken all the steps you can so far. And although it's not the best situation, some bugs munch on oxygen pretty well. I bet as long as you're careful and let them sit for a good long while once they're happy in their new home you'll be just fine.

Yeah, that's my plan. I'm also moving them one at a time, carrying them on my lap in the car. Hopefully I can ease the transition....it's not too bad, just a 30 min car ride, mostly freeway.

So far oxygen exposure on all of these beers has been kept to a minimum. The pellicles I'm looking at are all very wispy, powdery. I know that's not proof positive, but at least they're not big thick funky layers.

Latest posts

Back