I rewired my Johnson... no not that one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah I know what your thinking but no not that Johnson. :p

This forum has corrupted me. Now when I look at something instead of thinking how I can make it work with what I am doing I think about how I could tear it apart and make it do exactly what I want, lol.

Anyway, I finished the keezer and was switching from my digital Love controller (was using it for testing) back to the Johnson when I realized what a pain it would be to have to run all those wires back to the wall or mount a strip somewhere or whatever. One trip to Home Depot later (man they love me) and I rewired it to make my life much easier.

JohnsonA19AAT.JPG

The one marked with red is always on for my fan and the other is switched. Replaced the switched cord with a standard appliance cord.

Uh...since my FIRST thought went to Johnson CONTROLLERS, and you said it's not THAT one....then it is only logical that....

You're one sick puppy. ;)

That is one well hung one....

I plugged my fan and the freezer (Keezer) in to a power strip then the strip into the Johnson... this way my fan only comes on when the Keezer is on...
Photo of the power strip, and the fan. The fan is out of a frig, it is sucking the air from the top and pushing it to the bottom of the keezer.

IMG00064.jpg

IMG00063.jpg

I've got my fan going all the time. Seems to help keep the temps stable and reduce cycles on the compressor.

I ended up adding ducting to mine too to push the air to the bottom. That and lifted the kegs off the ground with some old wire rack. Was the only way to get decent circulation since they are packed in there so tight.

Back