Cheap source for 7 gallon on up Fermenter Buckets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billman

Reaction score
I have a 7.9 gallon bucket that is great. Absolutely, no worries for blow off when doing 5gallon batches. Actually, I do 5.5 gallons to give me a little room to play with.

My LHBS is too expensive. Home Depot only has 5gallon. Any ideas on where to get cheap 7 gallon on up buckets?

that's close to $20 with a lid. Pretty high. Plus, I have to wait for it to come. I mean HD has the 5gallon plus lid for like $5.

That's the cheapest non-homebrew place you can find buckets like that. And shipping a bucket is going to take a big box, so it'll always double the price.

Then again, you can always do a 6 gallon batch and split it between 2 of your 5 gal buckets.

i met a guy at the local beer snob bar. he works at a bagel factory down the street. he said all the grain comes in 2.5 and 5 gallon food grade buckets with gasket lids, just like a brew bucket. you just have to drill your own air lock hole.

he was willing to give them away. he has to throw them away or recycle them, otherwise.

Back