Brew Wagon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptarts

Reaction score
Okay so what do you guys think? My thought is to basically make a brew stand on top of this.
image_20704.jpg

So it would over hang on each end like a foot since the cart is only 4' but i feel like it would work really well and be super mobile

My only worry would be inflatable tires and no way to lock them. You could chock the wheels but if one looses pressure it would be instant disaster. That and make sure to check how much weight it can handle and how much water weight will be on it.

The wagon can hold 1k lbs so should be enough.. but I found solid wheeles because i was thinking the same thing about them going flat and 10 gallons of boiling word dumping off. HF has wheels and a wagon handle for like half the price and I can just build a frame the correct size from the start.

Whatever wheels ya' use, I would make the cart so you could lock it down and make it stable.
Some lightweight, screw down feet, (3 would work), similar to a trailer tongue jack, but not that stout.
That would be your provision to level it as well, ( within reason!).

Another no vote to the inflatables........

Might have to worry about balance as well. As long as the wheels are apart far enough you shouldn't have issues, but the narrower the more likely a disaster. Although if you build it yourself you should know this.. Otherwise I think it's nifty. Maybe you could make some DIY stands to hang tools etc. as well?

If you're going HF, they have lockable casters for about $4 each that will take the weight. I have them on a 2x6 frame under my keezer-to-be.

Back